FirstBike Buying Guide - Differences Between Models
We're super happy to be stocking the full range of FirstBIKE products online, so now Aussies can get their kids onto the safest and coolest balance bikes on the planet!
If you're not familiar with the FirstBIKE brand, this buying guide will make it easy to choose the best kick bike for your child.
FirstBIKE balance bikes come in 5 different models:
FirstBIKE Basic - Comes with Solid PU (Polyurethane) tyres and is perfect for indoors and those who would sacrifice a bit of ride quality to get a bike that requires no maintenance. This is available either with or without a brake.
FirstBIKE Cross - Also comes with inflatable air tyres but with a tread better suited to getting off-road. Still works great on paths/roads, but will grip better in the dirt and grass. They also look a bit more aggressive
FirstBIKE Racing - The big upgrade here is the Schwable Big Apple inflatable air tyres. These tyres will grip better to all surfaces in all conditions. They may look more like a street style tyre, but the better rubber compounds ensure they grip better regardless of the terrain.
|Basic No Brake||Basic With Brake||Street||Cross||Racing||Limited Edition|
|Tyre Style||Solid PU||Solid PU||Air||Air||Air||Air|
|Suited to||Smooth/Indoor||Smooth/Indoor||Street Tread||Dirt Tread||All Surfaces||All Surfaces|
|Lowest Seat Height||30.5cm||30.5cm||30.5cm||30.5cm||30.5cm||30.5cm|
|Compatible with Lowering Kit||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Buy Now||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
All FirstBIKE kick bikes are made from injected moulded composite. This ensures they will never scratch, chip, splinter, swell or rust. They are completely maintenance-free and super lightweight too! Other key features that all the FirstBIKES share are:
- Saddle style seat to ensure they aren't slipping out of the seat when going up or down hills.
- Safety grips - keep their little hands in place
- Limited steering range - helps to prevent crashes when turning tight corners
- Sealed wheel bearings - virtually maintenance free and will spin smoothly for years and years!
- Rear Drum Brake - this is a safer option than other bikes as there is nowhere for little fingers to get caught.
- Reflective decals - great for better visibility in low light conditions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What age can most kids start riding a FirstBIKE? Depending on how tall they are, about 2 years old. They'll need to be able to touch the floor with both feet flat (not just the toes) With the Lowering Kit - kids as young as 22 months can start.
2. How tall does my child need to be to ride a FirstBIKE? - To ride the Basic model, about 84cm, the other models with Air tyres, are about 87cm. With the seat in the lowest position, it's about 30.5cm off the ground (one of the lowest heights on the market) If you'd like to go lower - there is also the optional lowering kit. About 90% of 2-year-olds require the lowering kit.
3. What if I get a puncture? All FirstBIKES use standard 12" tyres and tubes, so any bike shop will be able to supply replacement parts.
4. Why is a balance bike better than a bike with training wheels? There are a few reasons for this.
Firstly, a balance bike will teach your child to balance properly from day one. Once they grow out of the balance bike, they'll be able to skip the training wheels phase altogether.
Secondly, they are a lot lighter and easier for a child to move around. There is no sharp edges or anywhere for them to get their little fingers caught either.
Finally, balance bikes can tackle a lot more terrain than a bike with training wheels. It's not uncommon to see young kids ripping up the local mountain bike trails on their balance bikes!
5. Warranty - Lifetime on frame and fork. 5 years on all the other parts.
To view the whole FirstBIKE range - Click Here!