Eliminate dropped chains with the ISCG05 guide from OneUp. Even with all the advances in drivetrain technology, dropped chains can still happen without a guide.
This guide is for riders with ISCG05 mounts who desire added chain retention . From XC to aggressive downhills, there's no reason not to use this product. Weighing in at 35g, this guide is so discrete that you'll forget its even there. Besides preventing dropped chains, this guide also reduces chainring wear.
After experiencing a few dropped chains (one of which damaged components), we installed this product on one of our personal bikes and used it from XC to enduro racing. The guide worked flawlessly!
- Easy to install. No need to remove the cranks.
- Boost compatible.
- Oval Compatible.
- Stainless Steel hardware.
- 2 guides pieces are provided. (1 green, 1 black)
- Adjustable for 26-38t chainrings.
- ISCG05 ( also called ISCG new)
- 7075 aluminium backplate, top guide is glass reinforced thermoplastic.
Installation requires a 4mm Allen.
- Set chainring size. Range is printed on the aluminium backplate. tighten to 3Nm.
- Bolt backplate to ISCG05 tabs. You shouldn't need to remove cranks.
- Adjust the entire unit so the flat part of the guide is horizontal. Tighten backplate to 5Nm.
- Use the supplied shims to space the top guide so it is centred on the chain. Tighten to 3Nm.
- Once the guide is installed, make sure you shift into the high and low gears to ensure that the chain in not rubbing.
*Incompatible frames (out of spec ISCG tab placement) Bronson 2, 5010 2, Tracer T275, Rocky Altitude 27.5