As some riders may have experienced, back-pedalling 11-speed Shimano drivetrains can lead to dropped chains.
The OneUp 18T cog and spacer is a simple solution that fixes that issue without reducing your cassette's range. By replacing the 17 and 19T sprockets with the 18T kit, your cassette will have better progression and reduce the chain angles that cause dropped chains. If you have experienced any of these issues, this product strongly recommended.
- Chrome plated hardened steel.
- Compatible with the following cassettes:
- XT/XTR M8000/M9000 11-40T
- XT M8000 11-42.
- Also works with OneUp 10T cluster.
- With cassette removed, install green spacer on freehub body.
- Replace the 17 and 19T sprockets with the OneUp 18T cog and reinstall cassette.
- Adjust the low limit screw on your derailleur to take out one click. (This is now a 10-speed cassette).
Please note: When used by itself, this product effectively turns your cassette into a 10-speed one. This product is included with OneUp GC extender cogs if you plan on increasing your cassette's range.