The Pedaling Innovations Catalyst Pedals are a patent-pending design, which gives you the performance of clipless pedals, the fun and freedom of flats, and comfort no other pedal can match. By providing a platform that lets you support both ends of the arch of your foot, the Catalyst Pedal supports your foot the same way the ground would, allowing for a more balanced, stable foot position and increased power transfer into the drivetrain.
How it works:
To accomplish this the Catalyst Pedal features a full 5 inches/ 128 mm of contact space for your foot. This allows the pedal body to support both the ball of the foot and the heel while also resulting in a true mid-foot placement of the axle. However, the Catalyst Pedal isn’t any wider than a normal flat pedal – 3.75 inches/ 95 mm to be exact. This means that it disappears under your foot and doesn’t expose any extra pedal body to rock strikes. This also means that the Catalyst Pedal is actually smaller underfoot than any other “oversized” flat pedal. In order to get the most out of the Catalyst Pedals you just need to do one simple thing.
Make sure that axle is in the middle of your arch. On the Catalyst Pedal, this foot position will make sure that you are able to support both ends of your arch. No other pedal on the market is long enough to accomplish this, which is what makes the Catalyst Pedal so effective.
This foot placement improves your pedalling in 3 ways:
- COMFORT & STABILITY.
- Extruded and Machined using our exclusive mould using 6061 Aluminum with T6 Heat Treatment.
- Manufactured by VP Components using parts and materials with a proven track record for durability and quality.
- Designed to connect the front and back ends of the arch of the foot, it is the longest platform for your foot on the market.
- Dual sealed bearings and DU Bushing internals.
- Heat treated Cr-Mo Spindle that is compatible with a standard 15mm wrench or 6mm Allen.
- 14 pins per side strategically placed to maximize the new, optimized foot position possible with this design.
- Shipped with longer (8mm) replacement grub screws to swap out for extra traction.
- 520g with short pins installed