Designed for use with Wolf Tooth's 40t or 42t extender cogs. When you add an extender cog to your 11-36 10-speed cassette, you will need to remove either the 15t or 17t cogs. This creates a large undesirable jump between gears. The 16t cog is designed to replace both the 15t and 17t cogs for a smooth transition and better shifting between gears.
- Shimano 10 speed cassettes.
- XT 11-36t (CS-M771)
- XTR 11-36t (CS-M980)
- Other 11-36t Shimano cassettes may work HOWEVER MODIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Rivets holding the 17t cog may have to be drilled.
- SRAM 10 speed cassettes
- PG 1030, 1050, and 1070: 11-36 and 12-36
- X0 11-36t(XG - 1080) Remove the 14t rather than the 17t.
- Remove both the 15t and 17t cogs, and the spacer between them.
- For Shimano cassettes: he two dots will line up on the wide spline.
- For SRAM cassettes: The single dot will line up on the spline.
To purchase the Wolf Tooth GC cog, Click here.