Elliptical (oval) rings are designd to provide enhanced pedalling efficiency and optimum power output, over regular round rings. The Wolf Tooth Components Elliptical rings use an ovality of 10% and a timing of 112deg after Top Dead Centre (TDC) - which means you get all the benefits of an oval-style ring, with some of the drawbacks that come with more aggressively shaped designs. The idea of the WTC Elliptical Rings is that where your pedal stroke is at its weakest, you feel as though there are two less teeth on the chainrings (whereas when you have the most power in your stroke, it feels like there are two more teeth) - so if you have a 34T ring, it will 'feel' like a 32T where your pedal stroke is weak, and then like a 36T where it's strongest.
This model works with SRAM Direct Mount chainrings for SRAM GXP cranks and BB30 Long Spindle cranksets with removable spiders. This replaces your chainring and spider, using the existing 3 bolts to attach the WTC ring.
Compatibility: These rings will fit on SRAM cranksets with removable spiders: S2200, S2210, X9, X0, X01, XX1, X1 1400, Truvativ AKA Cranksets (GXP version), and newer S1400 (or X7) . If the crankarm and the spider are all made from the same piece of aluminum it is not removable.
- Chainline is 50mm. This is a 6mm offset
- All chainrings feature Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop tooth design
- Use a 10 or 11 speed chain. If using a 9 speed drivetrain, plan to use a 10 speed chain (it will shift fine), as the 9 speed chain fits too loosely on the ring.
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the the chainring or spider to the crankarm. An L-wrench works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA!
- Weights: 26t - 52g, 28t - 59g, 30t - 65g, 32t - 70g, 34t - 75g, 36t - 81g