Wolf Tooth GC49 49t Cog For SRAM and Sunrace 11 Speed
Available payment methods
Ships from our Melbourne Warehouse
To calculate shipping within Australia, you must enter a Post Code above.
Want to increase the range of your 11 speed set up? Enter the 49t Giant Cog for SRAM and SunRace Cassettes..
The GC range has been around for a couple of years now, however the GC49 represents the biggest it has gone so far.
So why did Wolf Tooth go for a 49t cog instead of a 50t like the competition? There is several reasons:
- It allowed WTC to nearly double the shifting gates to get up to the 49t cog. On a 50t cog you only have 4 shifting gates, whereas with a 49t, you can have 7! This ensures significantly faster shifting. When the cog is this big and when you only have 4 shift gates you can be waiting nearly half a revolution of the crank before you hit a shift gate.
- SRAM derailleurs can only go up to a maximum of 49t.
- The difference between a 49t and a 50t in terms of range is a measely 2% - something you're not going to even notice.
Compatability - Cassettes:
Compatability - Derailleurs:
Compatible with all 11 Speed Shimano Derailleurs with the addition of the WolfCage
Compatability - Chains:
- It is likely you will need a longer chain when running the GC49. You're chain should be less than .5 worn when installing a new GC or chainring.
- To check your chain length, shift into the GC 49, and let all the air out of your rear shock. Compress the bike's suspension fully and ensure that the derailleur hasn't bottomed out in forward rotation.
This kit includes a 49t cog and an 18t cog. The 18t cog will replace the 17t and 19t cogs from the middle of your gear stack and the 49t will slip on behind the rest of the cassette.
The GC49 is made from top quality aluminium - 7075-T6.
Designed and manufactured in the USA.
The GC49t Cog weighs just 110g and the 18t weighs 22g.